VET (Vocational Education & Training)
Certificate programs to be offered in 2018
(Please note: programs offered may change due to staffing availability and/or enrolment numbers)
To express interest in one or several of these courses please make an appointment with Karen Wallace, YES Centre, Port Augusta Secondary School.
All course applicants are required to participate in a course counselling interview prior to entry.
All courses contribute to SACE at either Stage 1 or 2 – please speak to the YES Assistant Principal, counsellor, or Year 11/12 Assistant Principal for more information.
For more information about VET in SACE go to the SACE Board VET in SACE website.
BUSINESS AND FINANCE
- Cert-III-in-Fitness (selected units only)
- Certificate I in Education and Skills Development (availability to be confirmed)
HEALTH AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
- Cert II Community Services – Selected units (Community, Childcare, Youth, Social Work Pathways Program)
- Cert II Health Support Services (Nursing, Aged Care, Pathways Program)
- Cert III Health Support Services (Nursing, Aged Care, Pathways Program)
- Cert III Early Education and Care (Child Care)*
- Certificate III Sport and Recreation (SAASTA enrolled students only) South Australian Aboriginal Sports Training Academy (SAASTA)
- Cert I Hospitality
- Cert II Kitchen Operations *
- Cert II Salon Assistant (Hairdressing Pathway)
- Cert II Salon Assistant – Men’s Barbering (Barbering and Hairdressing Pathway)
- Cert II Retail Cosmetics (Beauty Pathway)
- Certificate III in Hospitality – (selected units only)
MINING, ENGINEERING AND TRANSPORT
- Certificate II in Engineering* link to TAFESA https://www.tafesa.edu.au/courses/mining-engineering-automotive
- Certificate II in Automotive* link to TAFESA https://www.tafesa.edu.au/courses/mining-engineering-automotive/automotive
- * TGSS – Training Guarantee for Secondary Students. This course is government funded and students must be 16 in term 1 2018 (Semester 1 start) or Term 3 2018 (Semester 2 start)
- Any certificates that are to be confirmed will be updated on the website as soon as possible.
Please contact us at the YES Centre on 8647 3320 or email Karen.Wallace170@nullschools.sa.edu.au if you would like to know more about the programs and support we offer young people.