How YES works
- A universal service. Open to all students enrolled at Port Augusta Secondary School (PASS).
- Year levels 8-13+
- Students have different levels of involvement with the centre.
YES Care Group (YCG) – Students are part of multi-leveled care group 8-13+. Students may be a YES only student and/or have a high level of participation in YES programs and support services. Referrals may be directly from students & families, Year Level Assistant Principals and Counsellors, DFE and non DFE agencies and services. All students have an individualised learning plan.
YES Single Program Only (YSPO) – Students in this category may participate in a 1 or 2 programs or services. For example, a single SACE subject, VET program, study support or a Learner Driver course. Referrals are from students, families, student counsellors and year level Assistant Principals. Some students may participate in a single VET program at PASS through a negotiated dual enrolment with their base school.
YES Suspension or Exclusion (YES SEE) – students may be referred via their year level Assistant Principal and/or Regional Office support services for short term placements to support their suspension and exclusion program.
YES Transition (YT) – This is for students requiring additional or extended transition from primary school or another secondary school by negotiation with their school Principal and/or regional and other support services. YT also provides targeted transition program for students who have disengaged from PASS and/or have other barriers to learning and need additional steps & supports in place before returning to YES or mainstream learning.
Time-tables – Reporting – Information
- All students have a timetable available on DAYMAP. Care-givers may access DAYMAP via the parent portal with a current email address (please contact the school to set up).
- All YES programs are reported on at the end of each term as part of the school reporting processes.
- YES has its own website @ www.yes.sa.edu.au and mobile application.
- This has up to date and current information and news about YES and many other community resources.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the YES centre on 8647 3320.
10 Things worth knowing about YES