How can I get involved in YES?
Who is YES for?
- YES is open to all students enrolled at PASS. YES is situated on campus and students may access all PASS curricula and other activities.
- YES can support students and their families needing a personalised and flexible approach with their learning.
- Some students access a single program or service (a hybrid time table). Some students choose to have a high level or YES only program.
- YES offers broad and diverse learning opportunities including VET and SACE subjects (refer to YES education) and other services including health, accredited training and study and tutoring support.
How do I get into YES?
Referrals are taken throughout the year.
- You may refer yourself – to to the YES Centre and talk with a staff member.
- Talk with a school counsellor or year level Assistant Principal.
- Enrol through the yearly course counselling process.
- Ask your parents to make a time to meet with the YES Assistant Principal.
- If you are working with a youth worker or counsellor through a service like Headspace, Uniting Country SA or the Juvenile Justice system you can ask them to help.
You, your family and/ or support worker will need to:
- Fill in a consent form.
- Have a meeting with the YES Centre Assistant Principal to talk about your program and timetable. After this you may start straight away or you may be put on a wait list (this doesn’t happen very often).
- Participate in a transition program where you can join a program or activity for a trial to see how you feel first.
- Find out more about programs we have for students who need to transition slowly back to school and/or have other commitments like work or parenting.
Think YES is for you?
- You can contact us by dropping by the school via the front office (if you are not enrolled at PASS) or the YES Centre (for PASS enrolled students) between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm each week day.
- You can ring us on 8647 3320 or 0423 782 808.
- You can go to our website for more information about our programs, services and learning programs at www.yes.sa.edu.au.