How can I get involved in YES?
Who is YES for?
- YES is open to all students enrolled at PASS. YES is coordinated on campus and students may access all PASS curricula and other activities. Within this specialist and targeted services are embedded.
- YES can support students and their families needing a personalised and flexible approach with their learning.
- Some students access a single program or service. Some students choose to have a high level or YES only program.
- YES offers broad and diverse learning opportunities including VET and SACE subjects (refer to YES education) and other services including health, accredited training and study and tutoring support.
How do I get into YES?
Referrals are taken throughout the year.
- You may refer yourself – to to the YES Centre and talk with a staff member.
- Talk with a school counsellor or year level Assistant Principal.
- Enrol through the yearly course counselling process.
- Ask your parents to make a time to catch up.
- If you are working with a youth worker or counsellor through a service like Headspace or the Juvenile Justice system you can ask them to help.
You, your family and/ or support worker will need to:
- Fill in a consent form.
- Have a meeting with the YES Centre Assistant Principal to talk about your program and timetable. After this you may start straight away or you may be put on a wait list (this doesn’t happen very often).
- You may want to join a program or activity for a trial to see how you feel first.
- We have an after school program for students who need transition slowly back to school and/ or have other commitments like work or parenting.
Think YES is for you?
- You can contact us by dropping by the YES Centre between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm each week day.
- You can ring us on 8647 3320 or 0423 782 808.
- You can go to our website for more information about our programs, services and learning programs at www.yes.sa.edu.au.